Dexter All-America Scholarship
Dexter High School annually honors ten standout student-athletes (five male and five female) with inclusion in the Dexter High School All-American Team. Members of this team are each awarded a $1,000 scholarship, and one exemplary athlete, named the team captain, will receive the Bud Clapsaddle Award and an additional $500.
- Applicant must be a USBC member.
- Must be part of a recognized interscholastic high school bowling team, either at the varsity or club level.
Selection Criteria: Selection is based on a combination of factors including:
- Bowling accomplishments
- Academic achievement
- Letters of recommendation
- Extracurricular/community involvement
- GPA: A minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
- Letters of Recommendation: One from a coach or athletic director and at least one additional letter.
- Resume: Detailing your bowling accomplishments, academic achievements, and any extracurricular or community involvement.
- Essay: A minimum 500-word essay answering a provided question.
- $1,000 scholarship for each of the 10 athletes selected.
- Bud Clapsaddle Award and an additional $500 for the team captain.
This scholarship recognizes not only athletic ability in the sport of bowling but also academic achievement and community involvement, providing well-rounded student-athletes the opportunity to be acknowledged for their dedication in multiple spheres.