AMS - American Meteorological Society Minority Scholarship
The AMS Minority Scholarship is designed to support minority students who are underrepresented in the sciences, specifically Hispanic, Native American, and Black/African American students. The scholarship is awarded to those who plan to major in atmospheric or related oceanic and hydrologic sciences. Here are the key details about the scholarship:
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate Scholarship
- The scholarship is open to minority students, including Hispanic, Native American, and Black/African American students.
- Applicants must plan to major in atmospheric or related oceanic and hydrologic sciences.
- High school seniors are eligible to apply.
GPA Requirement: Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Award Amount: The scholarship awards a total of $6,000, divided into two payments:
- $3,000 toward freshman year tuition.
- An additional $3,000 toward sophomore year tuition if the recipient's freshman year grades meet the academic requirements for the scholarship.
- Interested applicants need to submit an official transcript along with their completed application by the specified deadline.
- One recommendation letter is also required.
How to Apply: For detailed information about the scholarship, including application instructions, eligibility criteria, and deadlines, please visit the provided website.
The AMS Minority Scholarship aims to encourage diversity and representation in the fields of atmospheric and related sciences. By providing financial support to minority students pursuing these fields, the scholarship contributes to the advancement of underrepresented individuals in the sciences.