Florida Minority Teacher Education Scholars Program (METS)
The Florida Minority Teacher Education Scholars Program (METS) is a performance-based scholarship program aimed at supporting African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic-American, and Native American students pursuing a career in teaching. The program involves collaboration between Florida's college institutions, public universities, and private universities.
Here are the key details regarding the scholarship:
- Deadline: The application deadline for the METS program varies. It is recommended to visit the program's website or contact the Scholarship Committee for the most up-to-date information.
- Scholarship Amount: The scholarship provides $4,000 in financial assistance.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for the METS program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Residency: Applicants must be residents of the State of Florida.
- Ethnicity: Applicants must be African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic-American, or Native American students.
- Academic Level: Applicants must be junior, senior, or graduate students.
- Teacher Education Program: Applicants must have been admitted into a state-approved teacher education program.
For additional information regarding eligibility requirements, it is advisable to visit the program's website for more details.
- Number of Recipients: The METS program awards scholarships to multiple recipients. The exact number of recipients may vary each year.
- GPA Requirement: The specific GPA requirement for the METS program is unknown. It would be best to refer to the program's website or contact the Scholarship Committee for clarification on GPA expectations.
- Gender or Financial Need: The METS program does not base scholarship awards on gender or financial need.
- Contact Information:
- Scholarship Committee
- G415 Norman Hall, P.O. Box 117045
- 618 SW 12th Street
- Gainesville, FL 32611-7045
- Email: email@example.com
For any further inquiries or specific questions about the METS program, it is recommended to contact the Scholarship Committee directly using the provided email address. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information.
G415 Norman Hall, P.O. Box 117045
618 SW 12th Street
Gainesville, FL 32611-7045