Fifth Year Accounting Student Scholarship Program
The Texas Public Accountancy Act provides for establishing and maintaining a scholarship program for fifth-year accounting students. The purpose of the Fifth-Year Accounting Student Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to students intending to take the CPA examination as a Texas applicant and ultimately serve its residents.
- Must be classified as a Texas resident
- Must be enrolled at a participating public or private, non-profit colleges and universities in Texas
- Must be enrolled at least half-time
- Recipients will have completed at least 120 hours of college course work (including at least 15 semester credit hours of accounting) at the beginning of the term in which awarded for
- Be in good satisfactory standing.
- Must have not already taken the CPA exam, but plan to take the CPA examination in the State of Texas and have submitted an Application of Intent to take the CPA Examination to the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
- Must demonstrate financial need
Each college or university will establish its deadline for applying for the Fifth-Year Accounting Student Scholarship application. Here are general timeframes when awards are to be received:
- Fall Semester - August 15 through December 15
- Spring Semester - January 15 through May 15
- Summer Semester - May 15 through June 15
For additional information, please visit their website.