Scholarships for students pursuing a career in physical therapy can provide valuable financial assistance to help offset the costs of education. If you're interested in becoming a physical therapist or pursuing a degree in physical therapy, here are some scholarship opportunities to consider:
- Foundation for Physical Therapy Scholarships: The Foundation for Physical Therapy offers several scholarships for physical therapy students at various stages of their education, including undergraduate, doctoral, and post-professional programs.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Scholarships: The APTA provides scholarships and awards to physical therapy students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to the profession.
- Minority Scholarship Award for Physical Therapy Students: This scholarship, also offered by the APTA, supports underrepresented minority students pursuing a career in physical therapy.
- Mary McMillan Scholarship Award: This award, also through the APTA, recognizes students who have demonstrated superior scholastic ability and potential for future professional contribution in the field of physical therapy.
- Tylenol Future Care Scholarship: While not specific to physical therapy, this scholarship awards students pursuing a variety of healthcare professions, including physical therapy. It is open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Your College or University: Many colleges and universities with physical therapy programs offer scholarships to students enrolled in their physical therapy programs. These scholarships might be based on academic merit, financial need, or other criteria.
- Professional Organizations: Depending on your specific area of interest within physical therapy (such as sports medicine or pediatric therapy), there may be professional organizations that offer scholarships to students with similar career goals.
- Private Foundations: Some private foundations and charitable organizations offer scholarships to students pursuing careers in healthcare fields, including physical therapy.
- Local Community Scholarships: Check with local community organizations, healthcare institutions, and hospitals to see if they offer scholarships to students pursuing physical therapy.
When applying for scholarships, be sure to carefully read the eligibility criteria, application requirements, and deadlines. Prepare strong application materials that highlight your achievements, dedication to the field, and passion for becoming a physical therapist. Also, remember to explore both national and local scholarship opportunities to maximize your chances of receiving financial assistance for your education in physical therapy.
Here are some scholarships we've found to assist you: